Who are we?
- We are a ministry that wants to see the Good News spread to the Shan people in Northern Thailand and into Myanmar.
- We started up this ministry February 2017 and it is run by a Norwegian and Shan couple/family.
- We are cooperating with and get some support from MissionPlus, Switzerland.
- We are also connected with Youth With A Mission and some churches, both locally and in Norway
- Build relationships and friendships with the Shan where they live and work.
- When people become Christians, start house churches/fellowship.
- Have Sunday meetings and a Church at one place where the Shan can gather and have fellowship with each other. We will invite the Shan to come those who are able to. Many people work every day, so the house fellowships are still important. The Sunday meetings are a place where we can do more teaching, training and discipleship.
We meet most Sunday mornings, but once a month we conduct a gathering in the evening.
- Teach and train new believers.
- Train and disciple local leaders and key persons who can disciple others.
- Lead, oversee, encourage, cover, help and guide local evangelists, teachers, key persons and leaders.
- Help to find sponsors/support, or part time work for local evangelists, teachers, key persons and leaders (short term/long term).
- We also want to be able to assist, help and train Shan, and also other people groups from Thailand and Myanmar, who want to reach out to the Shan people. Like: How to reach out to the Shan people? Help the locals to start house fellowship, start simple schools/day care, etc. (this is still a few years in the future, and just on our hearts for the moment).
- We also want to see more missionaries sent out among the Shan, and we believe that if we are to reach the Shan people, the most effective way is to do this together. We believe in team work. We want to facilitate and help people to do this, short or long term.
Rent or buy a land
At the moment we rent a land, but we have a vision to buy one in the future.
Use of this property
For now we use it for our Saturday and Sunday school for children. We teach English, Shan, Thai, Burmese and from the Bible. We also want the children to know about God, so we teach them about the gospel, read the Bible and prayer. Sunday meetings for adults.
Future vision for a land (we might change location in the future)
- Build a church.
- Run discipleship training short term/long term.
- Run a farm, and disciple the people we employ for a period of time (we need help from a local Thai to this). This property or properties can also be used to get income for local workers.
- Do more to help children that are not able to go to school (like teaching Thai), or help them with homework.
- Daycare for small children.
- Different activities like learning language, dance, handcraft or playing an instrument.
Get local income for staff
In our vision we also want to find ways for the locals to get income locally, by businesses.
For some of this we need people that have a heart to do this, and can help us in this area, especially if they should start up a business (we need a local Thai at least).
Fang is in a rural area, and it is possible to find land where they can grow crops themselves or provide (but not all are farmers and know farming well) and facilitate a part time job for them.
We still believe in the need to find supporters for key persons/leaders.
Plant Churches in other places
We also in the future want to see the Shan plant fellowships and new churches in other villages and cities and even inside Myanmar (This is more a 5-15 years vision, but it is in our plan and thoughts now when we prepare for the future).
Reaching out on social media
We are recording video with teachings in Shan both for Christian and evangelical messages and post it on our website and social media. (Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, websites etc.) We are reaching out to a lot of Shan in this way and we even have had people contacting us that need encouragement. We will continue to develop and make this. We have a website and a Facebook page called Good News for the Shan: https://www.goodnewsforshan.com
What we do now
- During the week we have several house meetings.
- We are visiting people and make connections (twice a week).
- Train new believers (for now, one place once a week).
- Train more mature believers (every Wednesday).
- Helping and teaching languages like: Shan, Burmese, Thai and English.
- We also teach from the Bible at our rented land.
- We follow up and visit some children and young adults whom we have known for a while.
- We have Saturday and Sunday school every week, were we do the teaching.
- Sunday meetings
Weekly we are reaching out to around 40-70 people (including children). We also sometimes have special meetings, outreaches and arrangements like Christmas parties. We can gather from 70-150 people on this occasions.
- Receving teams. See also this page! Teams&Volunteers
We are not able to do this by our selves, and we need people to stad with us both in prayer and donation. Think about if you would like to partner with us. See this page!